The Regional Resource Center
Located on the Sargent Center Campus, 800 Quaker Lane, Warwick, RI 02818
￼￼Sargent Rehabilitation Center’s Regional Resource Center (RRC) was built to provide family and professional education and training. The facility is equipped with state of the art technology and the space capacity for meetings, classroom, and seminar or conference presentations. The Center is intended to serve the Southern New England States with Rhode Island as its home. The center’s unique mission is to convene knowledge. Contributions from families, education, and medical rehabilitation experts will provide the leadership fund of knowledge to advance the quality of life for children and adults with disabilities through consultation, training, advocacy and influencing public policy.
- Parent, family and professional seminars, coursework, workshops direct service and technical assistance through the RRC, SRC and Community partners.
- Training Products - DirectStep Courses published by LRP and customized by the Regional Resource Center’s Vice- President, David A. Kane, Esq., for the Rhode Island market. (LRP is the largest publisher of Legal and Regulatory information for school administrators in the United States)
- RRC Publications such as RRC E-news Bulletin and the annual Educator’s Handbook
- A network of community partners (i.e., PSN-RI, URI, Roger Williams University School of Law) have joined with the RRC to develop a network of referral services and as primary sponsors in family and professional training and conferences.
- A Center for Public Policy will provide a round table think tank combining legislators, families and professionals to advance and influence public policy affecting the lives of persons with disabilities.
Building Specs and Capabilities
- 150 person seated capacity with table configurations for up to 76 people. Can be divided into two rooms for breakouts or smaller workshops.
- State of the art technology includes:
- A total video conference solution in a compact multi-touch design. Multiple video conferencing and white board capability.
- Two InFocus Mondo Pads for full or divided conference room use.
- Two motorized drop down projection screens 12ft and 20ft respectively. The 20ft screen has a three projector array for multi-screen presentation.
- A complete Microsoft package, with videoconferencing and worldwide web capability. The projectors can accept multiple media based presentations and are also compliant as WIFI capable devices.
- Kitchen accommodations for food preparations, storage and serving.
- Fully accessible facility with geothermal heating and cooling creating a “green” onment of comfort.